When thinking of Charlotte, NC, the first thing that may come to mind is their unbelievable, mouthwatering barbeque. While Charlotte is widely known for its delightful cuisine, rich culture and for having an electrifying nightlife, the city also has one of the most highly respected medical communities.
In fact, Charlotte is home to some of the highest performing medical centers in the nation.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Charlotte is the second fastest growing city in the country! Which means the healthcare field employment opportunities are endless. With a metro population of nearly 2.5 million, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are continuously being sought.
Alongside private practices, there are a number of large public non-profit hospitals including:
Carolinas Medical Center and Campus
Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) was established in the 1940’s and has since grown into one of the largest hospitals in the region. CMC is known for its exceptional care and expert medical professionals and also serves as one of the region’s few Level 1 Trauma centers.
When patients are in need of heart, kidney, pancreas or liver transplants, CMC is the preferred hospital.
If you are looking for employment as an NP or PA in pediatrics, then look no further than Levine Children’s Hospital, located on the CMC campus.
Levine Children’s Hospital, is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington DC, and has been recognized as a Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News and World Report in multiple specialties for several years.
Take a look at a few reasons why they are named as one of the best children’s hospitals:
- Treats more pediatrics per day than any other hospital in North Carolina
- Features the region’s first 24/7 emergency room for children
- Region’s only pediatric cardiovascular program and intensive care unit
- First neonatal care program in NC to receive the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission
- Only hospital in the region offering pediatric hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- 2nd largest pediatric dialysis unit in the nation
Another area of specialization that is highly rated at CMC is the F.H. Sammy Jr. Trauma Center.
Services available 24/7 include:
- Suites for trauma surgery which are highly equipped and staffed
- Available anesthesiologist in the hospital
- In-patient trauma intensive care unit
- Day and night availability of trauma surgeons and emergency medicine physicians
- Pediatric intensive care unit for severely injured children
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
Novant Health Presbyterian is a highly ranked medical center that has received many recognitions and awards throughout its years of service.
Among these recognitions is Top Quality Nursing; Novant Health is actually designated as a Magnet Nursing Facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This highly esteemed classification means that the hospital is recognized for having the highest level of nursing care, something achieved by only 5 percent of U.S. hospitals.
Some services that are provided by Novant include:
- Nationally recognized bariatric services
- A heart and vascular department ranked among the best in the nation
- A cancer/oncology center recognized for outstanding achievement by the American College of Surgeons Commission
- Women’s services
- Behavioral health services
- Emergency services
Novant has been named one of the 50 best hospitals in America.
Interested in working in the “Queen City”? NP PA Recruiters has just the job for you.
If you are currently seeking employment in the medical field in North Carolina or the Charlotte metro area, NP PA Recruiters can help you get to where you want to be.
While searching for a job can be difficult on your own, NP PA Recruiters is here to help you find the best fit. Visit our website at www.npparecruiters.com to see how we can be of service to you.
You are not alone in the hunt. Contact us now!