Building Up for the New Year
The holiday season means the New Year is just around the corner, and with it, new opportunities to ensure your career growth. Whether you’ll be a fresh-out-of-school graduate when January 2017 comes around, or a veteran with some years to your name, there’s always the ability to take action in order to enhance your professional prospects.
NP PA Recruiters understands your passion for the medical field, that’s why we’ve dedicated our time to connect ideal candidates to their dream jobs, and medical practices with quality talent. So build up next year’s potential with these 5 tips of professional wisdom.
- Have a clear cut plan. You wouldn’t provide your patient with some hazy health care plan, so why would you develop a career plan like that? Creating attainable career goals for yourself is important to succeed in the workforce and should include growths in education, training, and experience to help you climb the ladder. Consider devising a short-term plan, something along the lines of 6 to 12 months and then extend it outwards to 2 years, 5 years, and 10. It’s also a best practice to put them in writing, review them often, and amend as necessary.
- Go above and beyond. The healthcare field requires dedicated individuals who truly have a passion for serving others, however, it is also necessary to go beyond “doing the job” and make a concerted effort to exceed expectations. Consider joining a governing body or participate in a research project. By stretching yourself and expanding your skill set, you’ll show your ability to work with multi-functional teams and prove your value.
- Develop a brand. Consider your skill set as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant as an asset that will help you compete against other career builders. Online profiles, such as those on LinkedIn and Facebook, should indicate your passion for your specific job (and always remember to maintain a professional online profile). Also, take into account the strength of word-of-mouth. When in an interview, or even after you’ve obtained a job, let managers know about your goals and your ideas to improve services. Help yourself by developing a personal brand that is focused on success and providing meaningful quality healthcare to patients.
- Networking can do wonders. Networking at work, conferences, classrooms, and professional get-togethers, can connect you with the right people who can be instrumental in getting you into certification programs, help you learn new skills, or access beneficial experiences. Also, by getting to know others in your field, you’ll be able to identify mentors who can help you to analyze your career goals and help you determine how to effectively achieve them. When you know where you want to go, you’ll be able to determine the people, places, and organizations that can get you there.
- Take the plunge. At its basic level, developing a career requires the intention, energy, and courage to accomplish what it is you want. There isn’t really a secret formula and nothing trumps hard work and dedication. If you want to make your dreams a reality, you’ll have to be willing to take the plunge and put in the effort.
Let NP PA Recruiters help you start off the New Year with bang.
NP PA Recruiters wants to make your New Year the beginning of great career. Our ability to jumpstart your career or help build your practice is the reason why we’re the most trusted healthcare staffing firm. Visit our job board and let 2017 be a new beginning.