Nurse Practitioners (NP) and Physician Assistants (PA) are both very promising careers with high satisfaction rates that also offer considerable salaries.
Your trusted team at NP PA Recruiters understand just how rewarding a career in the medical field can be and there are notable agencies and organizations who have released data that back this statement.
Statistics on Job Satisfaction and Salaries
As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 166,280 Nurse Practitioners and 109,220 Physician Assistants in the United States in 2017. The average income for an NP in 2017 was $107,480 while the average income for a PA was $104,760.
The expected job growth for both these careers stands at approximately 37 percent for the years 2016 through 2026. Many jobs are available in these well-paying fields but do require highly qualified applicants.
In a recent survey done by PracticeMatch, 532 Nurse Practitioners and 558 Physician Assistants were surveyed on their job and salary satisfaction for the year of 2017:
- About one-fourth of all respondents said they were “extremely satisfied” with their career.
- Nearly 38 percent of NPs and 44 percent of PAs said they were “very satisfied” with their choice of career.
- Another third in each group said they were “satisfied”
- Out of the entire study, only 6 percent reported being unsatisfied with their career.
In terms of salary trends, approximately half of all respondents reported a salary increase from 2015 to 2016. As for salary satisfaction:
- 44 percent of those surveyed reported that they were “satisfied” with their income.
- 25 percent were “very satisfied” with their pay rate.
- 15 percent of NPs and PAs reported being extremely satisfied.
Even more interesting for new NPs and PAs, as well as those moving to a new job, signing bonuses have gained a certain level of popularity. It was reported that 11% of NPs and PAs received a signing bonus when they transitioned into their current position. NPs saw an average $11,000 bonus while PAs received an average $8,000 bonus.
Careers for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are very promising fields that will continue to see growth for the foreseeable future.
NP PA Recruiters is passionate about finding permanent placement for the most qualified and trustworthy health care providers in the industry.
Our company’s reputation was built on providing qualified and caring individuals such as yourself with careers in the medical field. If you are a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant seeking a new career opportunity, contact NP PA Recruiters today at 214-351-3880 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and more information.