The role of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) in the medical industry has been steadily increasing over the years. This growth is due to a combination of excellent preparation and competency in diagnosing and treating a myriad of health conditions.
This year, National NP Week will be observed from November 11 to November 17 in celebration of more than 50 years of their services and care. Individuals and organizations also work diligently this week to remind lawmakers of the great capabilities NPs possess and the need to create legislation that will allow NPs to reach their full potential.
At NP PA Recruiters, we would like to thank all the nurse practitioners throughout the nation for their dedication and commitment to providing expert and comprehensive treatment to their patients. Without NPs, many patients would not be able to receive the care they need.
A Few Facts About NPs
National Nurse Practitioner Week is meant to bring visibility to these important members of the healthcare industry. Below are some interesting facts about NPs:
- There are currently around 248,000 practicing NPs.
- 23,000 NP students graduated between 2016-2017.
- For all practicing NPS, 86.6% are certified in primary care and 77.8% deliver primary care.
- 97.8% of NPs have graduate degrees.
- 49.9% of NPs have hospital privileges and 11.3% have long-term care privileges.
- NPs hold prescriptive privileges in all 50 states as well as Washington D.C.
- 95.8% of NPs actively prescribe medications.
- Patients have demonstrated their trust in NPS and NP-provided care with more than 1.02 billion patient visits each year.
- 2 out of 3 patients support legislation for greater access to NP services.
If you’re ready to advance your nurse practitioner career contact NP PA Recruiters today at (956) 772-1400 or (214) 351-3880.
Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant Recruiters is a full-service healthcare staffing company designed to ensure the most effective solutions for healthcare providers. As an independent firm, we adhere to the highest standards of business integrity, ethics, and confidentiality. Contact us for more information on how we can help you grow your clinic staff or advance your career.