The medical industry is expanding at rates that far exceed the amount of physicians available for practice. Recent years have increasingly demonstrated the need for a cost-effective and practical solution capable of creating an ideal balance between high patient demand and quality care. Hiring a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) can prove tremendously beneficial for any practice wishing to expand or simply keep up with the fast-paced force of the medical industry.
Think Money Smart: NP and PA Cost Effectiveness
Hire an NP or PA for your practice to yield dramatic financial savings. Research data reports NP and PA cost effectiveness play a critical role in the developing workforce. Before you hire a physician, consider these financial savvy benefits:
- Decreased salary expenses – Skip the hassles of negotiating high pay with a physician and cut salary expenses nearly in half. Compared to $175,000 for physicians, base salary for NPs and PAs is approximately $90,000 and $105,000, respectively.
- Higher annual revenue – Increase annual revenue by more than $1.6 million per 100,000 patients when you bring on an NP to the team. Settle for nothing but double the revenue.
- Lower insurance and liability rates – Save an estimated one-third in liability rate with the hire of a PA and malpractice claim rates with the hire of an NP, rather than a physician.
Higher Patient Satisfaction: A Model NP-PA Workforce
A positive patient experience is oftentimes the foundation of a successful practice. NPs and PAs target patient satisfaction with integrity and compassion. NPs and PAs inspire patient confidence and a comfortable health care environment for all patients to enjoy. NP-PA perks that boost patient satisfaction include:
- Establish solid relationships – NPs and PAs take the time to cultivate healthy relationships with patients for a total understanding of their condition and needs.
- Decrease physician workload – Physicians see a multitude of patients daily and NPs and PAs take a significant amount of workload off their shoulders while lessening waiting times for increased access to care.
- Intent communication – NPs and PAs relay medical information, prevention strategies, treatment side effects, and medical regimens with clarity to avoid all and any confusion in patients.
Our privately owned healthcare staffing firm, Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant Recruiters (NP PA Recruiters) operates with integrity to boost the NP and PA job market. We strive to identify qualified candidates for the opportunity of permanent placement in a healthcare setting. We find the best so you can hire the best. To learn more about our NP-PA recruitment services, contact us at (956) 772-1400 or (214) 351-3880.