January 14th, 2019
Currently looking for an experienced Certified Nurse Midwife to fill an opening with a practice in the Rockwall, TX area. We will only consider a provider with at least one year of Midwifery experience.
Responsibilities of the Certified Nurse Midwife
- Provide comfort, support and expertise to patients during pregnancy, labor, delivery and the postpartum period
- Independently manage women’s healthcare with emphasis on the maternity cycle
- Practice in collaboration with obstetrician/gynecologists or family practice physicians
- Manage newborn care immediately following delivery until discharge
- Performs appropriate risk assessments and identifies appropriate patients for continued care and appropriate patients for transfer of care.
- Provides midwifery care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with approved midwifery protocols.
- Manages normal labor and conducts delivery, including assessment of maternal and fetal status, identification of deviations from normal and management of third stage, episiotomy and perineal repairs.
- Manages postpartum course, including patient education, referrals, and follow-up.
- Identifies, manages and consults with medical back up for obstetrical emergencies.
- Consults with medical back up as needed in non-emergent situations.
- Utilizes prescriptive privileges as allowed by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Documents all prescriptions in patient’s medical records.
- Performs psychosocial assessments to identify emotional, social, educational and cultural issues.
- Provides patient-centered counseling and anticipatory guidance.
- Documents patient records fully, accurately and appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Participates in formal and informal education programs for students (medical students, OB residents, advanced practice nursing students), other health professionals, and the general community.
Compensation for the of the Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
The starting annual salary for this position is above market and includes a comprehensive benefit package with 100% paid health insurance. Please call Mike at: 214-351-3880