March 19th, 2018
Currently looking for an experienced Emergency Medicine Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, FNP or PA to fill an opening in the Miles City, MT area. The position is eight 24 hour shifts per month. Interested candidates should have at least 1 year of experience in Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care and current PALS, ACLS, BCLS certification.
Responsibilities of the Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Emergency Medicine
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Triage patients to differentiate between immediate and less urgent care.
- Order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests; and interpret test results.
- Perform digital blocks, and regional anesthesia. Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, and needle biopsy.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable.
Requirements of the Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Emergency Medicine
- At least 1 year of Emergency Medicine experience
- Current Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in the Montana
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- Must have PALS, ACLS and BCLS certification
Compensation for the Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Emergency Medicine The starting annual salary for this position ranges up to $120,000 depending on experience. An option to work extra shifts is also available. Please call Mike at: 214-351-3880