January 14th, 2019
We are seeking an experienced Urology FNP or PA for a growing multi-specialty clinic in the San Diego, CA area. The preferred candidate will hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies and will be a fully licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. We will consider only consider providers with urology experience.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Manage patient care and treatment in collaboration with the physician.
- Perform health assessments and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and physician instructions.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discuss case with physician.
- Formulate and document care plan
- Understand how to use all necessary medical equipment, and know sanitation and sterilization techniques;
- Interview patients to determine their complaints and symptoms, discern their overall condition, and learn their medical history;
- Conduct assessments and diagnostic tests to determine the cause of the symptoms;
- Determine treatment methods, and discuss with patients the potential benefits and risks;
- Schedule time, space, and staff for surgery and other procedures;
- Line up equipment and supplies for operations;
- Conduct surgical procedures and other treatments in accordance with accepted methods;
- Consult with patients following operations and treatments, and recommend postoperative care;
Requirements of the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or PA studies
- Current unrestricted FNP or PA-C fully licensed in CA
- At least 1year of Urology experience as a fully licensed NP or PA
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing
Compensation for the Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
The starting annual salary for this position is above market and is based on experience. This position offers an excellent benefit package that includes PTO, paid CME, health insurance, relocation allowance and more.
Please call Mike at: 214-351-3880