January 14th, 2019
Currently seeking a Licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for a clinic in Harlingen, TX area. The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies from an accredited school, possess extensive pediatric experience and must be able to speak and understand medical Spanish. Hours are second shift, Mon – Fri. Approximately 20 hour per week.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Collaborate with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provide health maintenance care, including well-child exams and childhood immunizations
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients; performs complete physical exams; interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan
- Carryout routine developmental screenings
- Diagnose and treat common childhood illnesses
- Teach and counsel children and their families on issues related to health
- Maintain and review patients’ records, charts, and other pertinent information accurately and efficiently.
Requirements of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Current unrestricted Pediatric PA, FNP or PNP
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant from an accredited school
- Extensive pediatrics experience
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing
- Spanish speaking highly required
- Current CPR, and ACLS preferred
- Must be fluent in medical Spanish
Compensation of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Hourly is $75+ per hour depending on experience
Please send CV or call Mike at 214-351-3880